Personal Identification Information
We may collect Personal Identification Information ("PII") from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, fill out a form, respond to a survey, or subscribe to the newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, or social security number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously.
We will collect PII from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply PII, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-Personal Identification Information
We may collect Non-personal Identification Information ("NPII") about Users whenever they interact with our Site. NPII may include the browser name, type of computer, and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web Browser Cookies
LeafAlert collects and uses Users PII for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To process transactions: We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To administer a content, promotion, survey or other Site feature: To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails: The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
LeafAlert is committed to keeping personal information secure. We have implemented appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices, and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our Site is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
It is important to understand that no website, database, or system is completely secure or "hacker proof." You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your PII against unauthorized disclosure or misuse, for example, by protecting your password.
Privacy Notice to California Residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by LeafAlert or its subsidiaries to a third party for the third party's direct marketing purposes. This right granted to California residents applies only to their activities within the State of California. To make such a request, please send an email to info@LeafAlert.com. In your request, please specify the Reseller's company to which your request pertains. If no company is specified, we will treat your request as pertaining to LeafAlert.
Third Party Websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this Policy and Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.